In 2006, I had the opportunity to visit South Africa and ever since I returned, I've wanted to make my way back. Five years later, I have been given the incredible opportunity to co-lead a team of fifteen to Uganda where we will be facilitating a marriage and family conference. This trip is a testimony of God's faithfulness in fulfilling promises- a tangible mix of passion, desire, patience and trust.

It is my story of my heart for Africa. It is God's story of hope, healing and restoration to a broken land. And I invite you into the journey...this is a story involving US.

It is the Uganda Story.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chapter 4: Receive

Hope this finds you all doing well! Thank you all so much for your constant prayers and encouragement about my upcoming trip to Uganda. Our team is almost one month away from leaving and I get more and more excited as time gets closer. I truly believe that God has invited us to take part in a unique, powerful opportunity and I cannot wait to share with you all that God will do!

As time gets closer for our trip, time is also getting close for raising all of my financial support. We have to raise the full amount of support one month prior to the trip...so that means all of my support is due on Tuesday, July 5. In all honesty, I've been feeling anxious about this because I need to raise approximately $1,500 in less than one week. However (and without sounding too cliche), I fully trust that God will provide. I read this today in one of my favorite devotions:
But I know always that the first step is to lay your will before Me as an offering, ready that I shall do what is best, sure that, if you trust Me, what I do for you will be best.

Your second step is to be sure, and to tell me so, that I am Powerful enough to do everything ("The hearts of kings are in My rule and governance"), that no miracle is impossible with me ("With God all things are possible" and "I and My Father are one").

Then leave all with Me. Glad to leave all your affairs in a Master Hand. Sure of safety and protection. Remember you cannot see the future. I can.

A part of me struggles with pride and asking for help, yet if I believe that this trip is not just my story, then I want to ask and receive. Receive all that God has for me, and receive your prayers and support.

If you have already supported me financially- THANK YOU! I am so appreciative of your support. If you feel invited to support me, please look at the "Join the Journey" section to see how you can give. If you're not able to give at this time, I completely understand. For all, I would also ask that you keep praying as time gets closer to leave.

Thank you all so much for cheering me on, and know that you are part of this story too!

No comments:

Post a Comment