In 2006, I had the opportunity to visit South Africa and ever since I returned, I've wanted to make my way back. Five years later, I have been given the incredible opportunity to co-lead a team of fifteen to Uganda where we will be facilitating a marriage and family conference. This trip is a testimony of God's faithfulness in fulfilling promises- a tangible mix of passion, desire, patience and trust.

It is my story of my heart for Africa. It is God's story of hope, healing and restoration to a broken land. And I invite you into the journey...this is a story involving US.

It is the Uganda Story.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chapter 5: One Week...One Month

As I wrote in the previous blog, I'm getting ready to leave for Uganda in about a month, but I need to raise all my support in one week. That's about $1,500 in 7 days. I need your help.

So, I'm starting the "One Week...One Month" challenge where I am asking you, dear friends and supporters to partner with me in this last week of support-raising before I leave next month. That means I need 30 friends to give $50 in the next week. Will you be one of the 30? If so, simply email me with a "yes" at alairconner@gmail.com and I'll give you more details.

Then, I want to feature all of you on this blog and share a bit about what encouraged you to give. Maybe you have a personal story about Africa, or how you wanted to support the growth of marriages and families, or maybe you can't even explain it but something prompted you to give. We are in this together and I want to share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment