In 2006, I had the opportunity to visit South Africa and ever since I returned, I've wanted to make my way back. Five years later, I have been given the incredible opportunity to co-lead a team of fifteen to Uganda where we will be facilitating a marriage and family conference. This trip is a testimony of God's faithfulness in fulfilling promises- a tangible mix of passion, desire, patience and trust.

It is my story of my heart for Africa. It is God's story of hope, healing and restoration to a broken land. And I invite you into the journey...this is a story involving US.

It is the Uganda Story.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chapter 6: Overwhelmed

It was about 24 hours ago that I announced the "One Week...One Month" Challenge, where I asked for 30 people to commit to giving $50 to raise the remainder of my support.

Since that time, you have given half of the money I need. You said yes and I am overwhelmed.

One of the 30 who said "yes" is Wil Dyer, a good friend from Flood Church who just boarded a plane this evening for Malawi, Africa. Wil and his team will be hosting the first Flood Church Human Rights Initiative, a conference addressing issues such as poverty, domestic violence and child abuse. Wil shared with me:

"I have decided to give to friends that are going on missions that either ask me or are clearly in need. There wasn't necessarily any direct invitation, but what prompted me to give was simply a desire to see God glorified!"

You can follow Wil's trip at http://malawisupport2011.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment